How to Become a Delivery Driver for UberEATS
Whether you’re looking for a side hustle or you’re trying to move into full-time rideshare work, UberEATS can be a good way to make money.
The process of getting started varies greatly from city to city, so be sure to check with your local Uber guidelines to make sure you meet all the requirements and complete any training necessary for your area.
- Check to make sure UberEATS is available in your city.
- Ensure you meet the minimum age to drive in your city. You will have to upload a copy of a valid driver’s license.
- Ensure you meet the driving experience requirement. Drivers in the US must pass a background screening and have at least one year of licensed driving experience.
- Make sure your vehicle meets Uber vehicle requirements*
- Have a 2-door or 4-door car made after 1998
- Have a valid driver’s license, registration, and vehicle insurance
- Have at least one year of driving experience
- Use any make or model 2-wheel scooter
- Must have motor of 50cc or less that travels no faster than 30 mph
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a government-issued ID
- When signing up, be sure to choose Biking under transportation method
*Delivery varies by city. In many markets, proof of residency is required.
- Sign up to deliver
- Consent to a screening and upload the required documents and a photo.
- Once you are notified that you are active, you can begin to accept delivery requests
- Open the Uber Partner app and navigate to Account, then select Vehicle Options
- Accept the delivery terms to begin receiving delivery requests
- Turn delivery on and off as you wish
- Accept a request. Once you are ready to start delivering, make yourself available on the app to start delivering.
– The requests will come to you in the form of notifications on your phone.
– You will have 30 seconds to accept the request.
– Once you accept, you’ll see the customer’s location
- Pick up the food.
- Deliver the food.
- Track your earnings and get paid weekly